UPDATE 21/7/10: If you have a new HD FLIP this post will be of interest.
When I first bought my Flip Ultra I was so eager to start filming I didn’t set the date and time correctly, so all my video registered as being shot in 2007.
I always believe it’s worth getting these details right so when you look back at your videos of your kids when you are 70 years old and you can’t remember whether young Johnny was 2 or 3 years old when he first played Mario Cart on his Wii – you will have the correct date on all your vids.
As I couldn’t see an obvious way of setting the date via the Flip’s minimilist controls I emailed the US support team and got this first class reply within hours which I’ll share in full:
“If your camcorder’s model number begins with F2 or PSV-5:
The first time you turn the camcorder on you will automatically be presented with an option to set the date and time. This is the only time you will be automatically prompted to set the date and time. You can always access the date and time settings by pressing “+” on the 4-way navigation button and then powering the camcorder on while holding this button down. Please ensure that you press the “+” button at the same time as you press the power on button. Continue to hold the “+”
sign as the camcorder powers on.
Once the settings screen is displayed on your camcorder, use “+”, “-“, “◄”, and “►”on the 4-way navigation button to set the desired value for each date and time field.
The date and time settings can be reviewed and reset at any time and as often as needed.
If your camcorder’s model number begins with F1, PSV-4, or PSV-3:
The date and time on the camcorder are set to GMT time zone during manufacturing. You can reset the camcorder’s date and time by taking your camcorder to an authorized Pure Digital Retailer (i.e. Rite Aid, CVS, Long’s, & Duane Reade) to get a DVD. When the camcorder is processed, its clock is reset to your local date and time.
Or, you can leave the batteries out of your camcorder for 24 hours and reinsert them. Upon placing batteries in your camcorder, you may see a time and date screen that allows you to use your arrow keys to enter the appropriate time for your location. Then, when your cursor is over the ‘Exit’
in the lower right hand corner simply press your red record button to exit the screen.”
Let me know if it works for you!
- If you need to make better Flip Videos for your blog, business, school, charity, membership site or social media page please check out my awesome Pocket Video training site.
- There are dozens of exclusive training Members-only Videos I’ve made for my students, including resources like free to use music PLUS I give direct feedback and advice about Videos that course members share.
- Getting Videos made for you is really expensive but I can show you how to create quality Videos with your Flip that really get your message across to your prospects and clients.
- Videos that can educate, entertain and help you sell more!
- See PocketVideoPower.com for details.